Millhouse Primary School and Nursery
Premises Committee Terms of Reference
As defined by the full governing body.
The quorum of the committee will be 3 members, of whom, at least one shall be a non-staff member
Frequency of meetings
The committee will meet at least once each term and will hold additional meetings as necessary.
Review of Terms of Reference
These will be discussed / approved annually at the first meeting of the school year (Autumn term), which will be minuted.
Terms of Reference and Delegated Powers
- To act in accordance with the latest education regulations, governance regulations and other legislation affecting the conduct and responsibilities of school governing bodies.
- To appoint a committee chair and clerk at the first meeting in the Autumn term.
- To have regard in carrying out delegated functions, to the school development plan approved by the Governing body.
- To follow all school safeguarding procedures.
- To have an oversight of the school’s asset management plans.
- To monitor and review all aspects of maintenance and improvement or repair to the school buildings, grounds and plant.
- To ensure there are no shortfalls in the minimum standards relating to health and safety regulations.
- To assist the school’s Senior Leadership team in drawing up a plan for school security and to keep security under review.
- To administer applications for the hire of the school premises
- To ensure the character of the school’s building is retained.
- To appoint architects, builders, surveyors, ground maintenance teams etc according to established procedures laid down by school governors and monitor all aspects of their work
- To monitor the value for money that the school gets from building & grounds contractors.
- To review the contracts of any contractors the school uses relating to the school buildings or grounds.
- To review fire and evacuation procedures termly.
- To monitor and approve appropriate expenditure relating to capital funding.
- To review and ratify any policies relating to the school premises as set out in the policy rolling programme.
- To receive reports from the site manager & school business manager and delegate powers for the day to day matters to the Headteacher.
- To make recommendations to the Finance committee on the needs and requirements of the premises (including contractors).
- To report all aspects of the improvement and requirements, in relation to the school premises, to the full governing body.